Monday, September 11, 2006

Monday, September 11, 2006

Today I found 10 cents . . .. all pennies. I also found a Canadian dime and a two-cent Euro. Sadly the Canadian dime and two-cent Euro will not count toward the daily totals.

The first penny came to me on the sidewalk along Waikiki Beach where I was enjoying the afternoon sun. The second and third pennies were found along a road that I was waking (road had a very long and strange name that I won't even try to remember). They were both in some gravel. Penny number four was found at a 7-11 where I went to purchase some water. It was on the ground by the front cash regisers. The remaining change was found at Food Land, a local grocery store. Two pennies were by some cash registers on the ground and the remaining change was in and around a coin sorting machine.

The two-cent Euro and Canadian dime were found sitting atop the coin counting machine at Food Land. Although they will not count toward the daily totals they are welcome editions to my "Not Change Cup," keeper of such items.

Tomorrow is my last day in Hawaii. I have to get on a plane tomorrow afternoon shortly after 6pm (midnight Eastern) and return to Houston. The vacation was good even though the change finds were not up to my normal volume. Still, I will gladly trade less change for a week in Hawaii almost anytime. Hopefully by Wednesday I should have a few Hawaii pictures posted.

Totals for the day: 10 cents
Race Totals: $362.56

2 Comments:

At 1:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Although not as high as your most recent change finds in Houston - definitely much more than your time in McAllen. I think you did well considering most of your time in Hawaii was spent on a beach.

 
At 7:45 PM, Blogger Chris said...

And considering that I was anywhere besides McAllen I'm not complaining.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home