Saturday, September 02, 2006

Saturday, September 2, 2006

Today I found $1.04 . . . 1 nickel, 1 dime, 3 quarters, and 14 pennies (the mystifying Change Cycle).

Early this morning I was driving back from the ballpark and had to go by the post office. At the car wash next to the post office I found 80 cents (three quarters & five pennies). The three quarters were sitting atop a ledge in a car wash station. At the ice cream store drive-thru next door I found another 11 cents (one dime & one penny).

Later in the morning I headed down to the ballpark to take another shot at some NY Mets autographs. While sitting outside the ballpark I found a penny on the ground by a payphone. During the game I walked across the street to the Home Plate Bar & Grill and found another penny by the soda machines (as I helped myself to a refill). A final single penny was found at a gas station on the way home, where I stopped for a quick drink before hitting the road.

Much closer to home I stopped at JR’s Car Wash, the car wash next to my apartment complex, and found 10 cents (one nickel & five pennies). The nickel completed my change cycle for the day, at least one penny, nickel, dime, and quarter found in the same day.

Autographs were slower today but I still added a few that I needed. Highlights of the day were Manager Willy Randolph (not so nice of a guy), Julio Franco (so old I think he played with Babe Ruth) and Gueremo Mota (who is not Mark Mulder).

Totals for the day: $1.04
Race Totals: $359.48

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home