Monday, August 28, 2006

Monday, August 28, 2006

Today I found 32 cents . . . 2 nickels, 1 dime, and 12 pennies.

This morning I stopped in at the post office and found a penny in the coin return slot of a stamp machine. It was a short visit as I was heading to the airport to catch a flight to Dallas, TX for work. Along the way I stopped at a no name car wash and found 9 cents (one nickel & four pennies).

Inside the airport I found eight cents (one nickel & three pennies). The first penny was by a TSA checkpoint, a nickel and penny were found by a Chinese food stand, and the last penny was on the ground by my gate.

Once in Dallas I found 14 cents (one dime & four pennies) as I walked around town in an effort to kill some time after dinner. The dime was at the base of a parking meter and the pennies were on different sidewalks.

Totals for the day: 32 cents
Race Totals: $352.91

6 Comments:

At 10:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You had a nice change walk in Dallas - 14 cents isn't bad at all. Clearly, a much better place for finding change than McAllen.

 
At 8:01 AM, Blogger Bailey said...

As I am now traveling often for work, I am learning that TSA checkpoints area almost as good as drive-thru's.

 
At 8:16 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Becca:

Dallas was certainly better than McAllen.

Bailey:

TSA Checkpoints also have something in common with fast food. The level of intelligence that both employees seem to have.

 
At 8:57 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

This from a 2004 BusinessWeek article:

"Last year, harried passengers left $303,970 in loose change at airport metal detectors that U.S. Treasury officials scoop up daily."

password: jwcrrle
second password: xhpch

 
At 10:30 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Brian:

I remember that article from the first time you posted it. Truly amazing.

Sorry you had to do a second password, but I appreciate the effort.

 
At 2:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just in case you were wondering, TSA checkpoints really early in the morning are not a good place to find change... well, at least early this morning (Aug. 30th) in Boston I was unsuccessful although I did check.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home