Saturday, August 19, 2006

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Today I found 52 cents . . . 2 quarters and 2 pennies.

This morning I found a penny on the ground by some shelves at a local convenience store. I was there to buy some PowerAid, as the day was already hot. In the evening I went to HEB, a local grocery store, and found a penny by a checkout line. I also got groceries for next week. I capped off the evening with a trip to the post office and 50 cents (two quarters) that I picked up in the change return slot of a stamp machine.

Driving back from the post office I was flipping around on the radio between the two sports stations. One was running a commercial, the other had a soccer talk show. I opted to listen to the commercial.

Totals for the day: 52 cents
Race Totals: $349.67

2 Comments:

At 12:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice call on listening to the commercial - I probably would have listened to it as well. The only way I would have listened to the soccer show is if my brother in law was in the car or Lauren Bobstier... you know - the big soccer fans in my life:)

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger Chris said...

Soccer v. Commercial is a no brainer. Tiger Woods said it best when asked if he would be happy if his son ever played soccer. He said, "No, I would hope he would play something more physical." Wow, when a golfer is calling out your sport that is a bad thing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home