Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Wednesday, August 9, 2006

Today I found 10 cents . . . all pennies.

This afternoon my co-worker Jennifer and I went to Greenspoint Mall for lunch. While there we ran into a former co-worker and had a great time catching up. After lunch Jennifer graciously waited as I walked the food court in search of some change. I found a penny, a shiny 2006 model. Little did Jennifer know that she would later be involved in another find.

After lunch we were driving on the Hardy Toll Road and had we pulled up to the tollbooth and waited to pay. Jennifer was driving and from my vantagepoint in the passenger seat I spotted some change on the side of the road. Since we were at a stop I opened the door and quickly retrieved seven cents (all pennies). Sadly, Jennifer started to move and I had to sprint in order to catch up and get back into the car. Oddly, Jennifer was a bit taken aback by my change dash (I believe she used the word “embarrassed”). Still, I was seven cents richer so I was OK with that.

At the Astros game this evening, a 14-1 win over the Pirates of Pittsburgh, I found a penny by a Pepsi machine outside the ballpark. On the way back to my car I found another penny alongside the sidewalk.

Totals for the day: 10 cents
Race Totals: $342.37

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home