Saturday, August 05, 2006

Saturday, August 5, 2006

Today I found 52 cents . . . 1 nickel, 1 dime, 1 quarter, and 12 pennies (the rarified Change Cycle).

Several days ago a co-worker was asking me about my change finding streak and asked what would happen if I just didn’t leave my residence for the day. Obviously, the answer was that the streak would end. Today was one of those days where I almost didn’t get out, but I made the most of it when I did.

This was the first weekend where I had nothing planned in a few months. I slept in, did some cleaning, and caught up on some reading. In the evening I went out with my friend Jim to get some dinner. After dropping Jim off I went back out to fill my car with gas.

At the gas station I found a penny by an adjacent gas pump. I also went to the post office to mail some packages. At the car wash next to the post office I found 40 cents (one dime, one quarter, and five pennies). The quarter was a bicentennial model, only the third bicentennial quarter I have found in this race. On the way home I stopped at another car wash and found 11 cents (one niclel & six pennies).

____________

Today Troy Aikman was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. As a Redskins fan I never liked Troy that much. Aside from being at his last game (it was in Dallas and a hit from LaVar Arrington ended his career) I don’t have a lot of fond memories of Troy. I do smile every time I see a commercial that he did several years back for Acme Brick (a commercial that is getting a lot of airtime these days). In it he interviews a monkey about who the best brick company is, etc. It’s a terrible commercial and to be honest I think the monkey does a better acting job than Troy.

Totals for the day: 52 cents
Race Totals: $339.83

2 Comments:

At 10:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bicentennial quarters are the BEST, esp. since it was the year we were born. I remember as a kid they were super cool since they were the only unique quarters. Now there are a million unique quarters (well, okay - there will soon be 50 and if you could the bicentennial ones - 51). Interesting quarter question - do you have all the current state quarters that are out right now in your found change?

 
At 9:40 PM, Blogger Chris said...

That's a good question: I have always wanted to sit down and check to see if I have a full set from found change. Sadly, it's not something I have done . . . but one day when I roll it all up I'll check.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home