Sunday, July 30, 2006

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Today I found $1.23 . . . 1 dime, 4 quarters, and 13 pennies.

Race of the Century wishes to extend Happy Birthday wishes to loyal reader and friend Becca at Nerd Camp. Happy birthday Becca.

Thankfully I had more luck with change than the Astros did with Arizona. Roger Clemens pitched seven innings, left with a four run lead, and the Astros lost. Wow! They are terrible right now.

Anyhow, after the game it was kids run the bases day so I had plenty of time to walk around the stands and see what was on the ground. In addition to the two matchbox cars that I found (a kids giveaway today) I also found 75 cents (three quarters).

On the way home from the game I stopped by the Kwick Kar Wash and found seven cents (all pennies). In the evening I dropped off some packages at the post office. On my way home I stopped at the nearby car wash and found 40 cents (one dime, one quarter, and five pennies). The quarter was on a car wash station ledge and the remaining change was scattered about on the ground.

Did I mention how bad the Astros are right now?

Totals for the day: $1.23
Race Totals: $337.34

3 Comments:

At 11:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes!!! You rock! I am glad you had a good change finding day and I am really glad it included a 23 cents... I mean - it seems appropriate after I thought you found some form of 23 cents in NY and really it was 28 cents:) Sorry the Astros aren't doing so hot lately... at least they didn't lose 7 in a row...

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger nhcardhunter said...

Question - While I see that you are finding money on a regular basis, aren't you spending more money on gas than you are finding? I understand this is a race but shouldn't it be a profitable one? Why not incorporate some long walks or perhaps a bike ride into the mix. You'll certainly get in better shape and you'll be improving your net worth at the same time. You'd be surprised what you will find off the beaten trail.

Best,

Jim

 
At 9:11 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Becca:

The Astros are what they are, a not so good team.

nhcardhunter:

I do my best to not go out of the way for change finds. Most of the time I make my stops they are on the way to and from a place that I'm already going to (ie. on my way home from the post office or Astros game). I do occasionally mix in a bike ride or a walk, but sadly Houston is a huge city and not set up in a way to make it easy. Thanks for your comments.

Chris

 

Post a Comment

<< Home