Monday, July 31, 2006

Monday, July 31, 2006

Today I found 34 cents . . . 1 nickel, 2 dimes, and 9 pennies. I also found a Mexican 50-cent piece. Sadly, the Mexican change will not count toward the daily totals.

I had to stop by the apartment complex office this afternoon to pick up some packages. I exited the office through the pool and noticed a penny on the ground in some dirt. Upon closer examination I found the entire set of change for the day. I’m not sure how it got there, but from the age it is clear that it had been there for a long time.

The Mexican 50-cent piece was also found at the pool, in the same dirt area. It was cleaner than the rest of the change, but it matters not since foreign currency has no value in The Change Race. Still, the Mexican coin is a welcome edition to my “Not Change Cup,” keeper of such items.

Totals for the day: 34 cents
Race Totals: $337.68

___________________________________________

July Monthly Report:

This month I found 184 pennies, 9 nickels, 18 dimes, and 15 quarters. Change was found in three states; Maryland, New York, and Texas.

Monthly Total: $7.84
Change Cycle Days: 1
Dollar Days: 2
Monthly High: $1.40 (July 2nd)
Monthly Low: 1 cent (Multiple Times)
Daily Average: 25.3 ish cents

2 Comments:

At 8:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the monthly summaries... perhaps next summer my Data and Chance class can analyze your year long monthly reports. I see a good lesson in there somewhere. :)

 
At 11:17 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Finally, a good use for math!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home