Thursday, August 17, 2006

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Today I found 25 cents . . . all pennies. I also found a Canadian penny, which sadly will not count toward the daily totals.

On my way home from work I stopped at the Kwick Kar Wash and found 21 cents scattered about on the ground. At JR’s Car Wash, the car wash next to my apartment complex, I found an additional four cents.

The Canadian penny, with no Race of the Century value, was found at the Kwick Kar Wash. It was under a vending machine. Although its value will not effect the totals for the day it has already been deposited into my “Not Change Cup,” keeper of such items.

Several days ago I made another “Not Change Cup” find but forgot to mention it:


As you can see the find was a stainless steel pocketknife, which I picked up off the ground at the car wash next to the post office. It’s a fairly cool looking knife so it becomes worthy of a blog picture.

Totals for the day: 25 cents
Race Totals: $348.84

3 Comments:

At 10:07 PM, Blogger nhcardhunter said...

Nice snag, Chris, I find stuff like that all the time. It's a neat perk in addition to the money.

Best,

Jim

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Thanks. Your two-penny halves are a nice find as well. Don’t know if you have noticed but there is a lady on eBay from Maine who is selling a ton of Coke & Dr. Pepper caps. She owns a recycling plant so she has ample access. Smart lady.

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger nhcardhunter said...

No, I didn't know that. Anything for a buck though. The woman who runs the recycling center in town has been saving them for me when she has time, but she gets swamped on a daily basis so she's always forgetting. lol!

Jim

 

Post a Comment

<< Home