Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Today I found 37 cents . . . 1 nickel, 3 dimes, and 2 pennies. I also found two tokens which sadly will not count toward the daily totals.

On my way home from the Astros 18-inning loss early this morning I stopped at JR’s Car Wash, the car wash next to my apartment complex, and found 21 cents (two dimes & one penny). Driving down FM 1960 this afternoon I was stopped at a red light and spotted and retrieved a nickel from the side of the road. The final find was 11 cents (one dime & one penny) which I picked up in a change counting machine at HEB, a local grocery store. I was there to pick up a sandwich for dinner.

The two tokens, one for Chuck-E-Cheese and one for Border Town Fold & Fun Center, were found atop the change counting machine at HEB, the aforementioned local grocery store. Although their effect on the daily totals is a big fat zero they have already been deposited into my “Not Chang Cup,” keeper of such items.

Speaking of big fat zeros the Astros were shutout this afternoon by a rookie pitcher making his first MLB start. They have now gone 21 innings without scoring a run. At least the Astros were able to follow up yesterdays game, played in 5 hours, 38 minutes (the longest regular season game in Minute Maid Park history), with a 2 hour, and 18 minute game (second shortest in Minute Maid Park history)

Totals for the day: 37 cents
Race Totals: $348.59

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home