Friday, August 11, 2006

Friday, August 11, 2006

Today I found 44 cents . . . 1 dime, 1 quarter, and 9 pennies.

Driving home from the ballpark last night my friend Becca and I stopped at JR’s Car Wash, the car wash next to my apartment complex. It was already after midnight so the finds counted for the Friday totals. At JR’s I found 17 cents (one dime & seven pennies).

In the morning it was time to take Becca to the airport. After I dropped her off I decided that it would be a good idea to return a few baggage carts and collect the 25-cent reward per returned cart. Before I put in the first cart I checked the coin return slot and found that someone had forgotten to retrieve their quarter, thus adding 25 cents to my daily totals. I also returned an additional four carts and got $1 which I used to pay for my airport parking. Of course the returned carts and the $1 in quarters does not count toward the daily totals since it was not “found” change. Still, it was a nice way to offset the cost of parking.

Later in the afternoon I found a single penny in my apartment complex. My final find of the day was another single penny, this one picked up off the ground at a Shell gas station, where I stopped after the Astros game to get a drink.

Random highlight of the game: Pitcher Andy Pettitte hit his first career homerun in the Astros 4-2 win over the San Diego Padres of San Diego.

Totals for the day: 44 cents
Race Totals: $342.87

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home