Saturday, August 12, 2006

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Today I found $3.11 . . . 1 nickel, 3 $1 bills, and 6 pennies. I also found a Chinese or Japanese coin, which sadly will not count toward the daily totals.

Walking to the Astros game this evening I found three cents by various parking meters. After the game I was looking for some season ticket stubs (it was the unsuccessful Major League debut for Jason Hirsch, our best pitching prospect) and I found three crumpled $1 bills in the stands.

On the way home I stopped at JR’s Car Wash, the car wash next to my apartment complex, and found eight cents (one nickel & three pennies). The nickel was atop a car wash station stand and the pennies were on the ground.

It was at JR’s Car Wash that I also found the Chinese or Japanese coin. It looks to be made from a light copper and has a hole in the center. Sadly, the coin will not count toward the daily totals but it will be a welcome edition to my “Not Change Cup,” keeper of such found items.

Totals for the day: $3.11
Race Totals: $345.98

2 Comments:

At 4:48 PM, Blogger Bailey said...

Congrats on the 3 Dollar bills!

 
At 11:15 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Much thanks. Part of the find should go to the Houston Astros, who played so bad that fans were willing to leave money in the stands in order to escape by the 4th inning stretch (the normal time to leave as you well know).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home