Monday, August 21, 2006

Monday, August 21, 2006

Today I found 51 cents . . . 1 nickel, 1 dime, 1 quarter, and 11 pennies (the wonderful change cycle). One of the pennies was a 1949 Wheat Penny.

This afternoon I ate lunch at the mall and on the way out I spotted a dime on the ground by the exit. It was slightly under a sign, but is now moments away from being deposited into my change jar.

In the evening I headed out to the post office and after depositing some packages I stopped at the nearby car wash. There I found four cents (all pennies). On the way home I stopped at Al Gator’s Car Wash and found my remaining change, 37 cents (one nickel, one quarter, and seven pennies).

The Wheat Penny was found at Al Gator’s Car Wash. It was sitting alone by itself on the ground by a vacuum cleaner. It’s a 1949 model and was minted in Denver. For an old penny it is in surprisingly good shape.

Totals for the day: 51 cents
Race Totals: $350.74

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home