Saturday, November 18, 2006

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Today I found 75 cents . . . . . all quarters.

It was the first time since July 20th that I didn’t find any pennies, but I’m not complaining since I did get three quarters at the car wash next to the post office. They were all sitting atop a ledge in a vacant car wash station, abandoned by some motorist with a newly cleaned car but now empty pockets.

So this afternoon I took my car to my mechanic because I had run over a screw and it was stuck in the tire. He had about 20 cars that were being repaired so I figured I would be sitting around all day. Not so. He actually took care of me right away and when I asked if he would rotate my tires to compensate for some tread damage he told me that I could do it myself. He put the car up on a lift, gave me the tools, and a few minutes later I was playing mechanic. Total charge for everything: $0. I love that guy!

Totals for the day: 75 cents
Race Totals: $460.06

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home