Thursday, November 09, 2006

Thursday, November 9, 2006

Today I found 19 cents . . . . . 3 nickels & 4 pennies.

I didn’t find any change until around 11:30pm today. In an 11th hour coup I found two cents at Sonic and 15 cents (three nickels) at the Kwick Kar Wash. The three nickels were in the coin return slot of a coke vending machine. On the way home I stopped at JR’s Car Wash, the car wash next to my apartment complex, and found an additional two cents.

One of the reasons for my lack of early change finds was that I attended my first ever professional tennis match this evening. It was actually more enjoyable than I thought it was going to be. The tennis was fun to watch in person and was a lot faster paced than I thought it was going to be. It was an old timers tournament and two of the players were Jim Courier and John McEnroe (who got into TWO arguments with the line judge). Both players were kind enough to sign some baseballs for me after the event:


I can now say with pride that I have now added tennis players to my signed baseball collection.

Totals for the day: 19 cents
Race Totals: $455.21

3 Comments:

At 9:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice autographs and excellent 11th hour change finds...

 
At 1:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did they think it was strange that you asked them to sign baseballs instead of tennies balls?

 
At 6:12 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Becca:

Thanks, on both counts.

Mr/Mrs. Anonymous:

You would think so, but not really. McEnroe signed a baseball like he had done it before and Courier said he actually liked signing baseballs better than tennis balls because they were easier. The next day I got Magnus Larsson to sign a baseball. He told me that it was the first baseball he had ever signed but liked to sign unique things so he was cool with it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home