Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Tuesday, January 2, 2006

Today I found 77 cents . . . 1 dime, 2 quarters, and 17 pennies.

I had to wake up early this morning to take my friend Becca to the airport. One the way home I stopped at the Kwick Kar Wash and found 33 cents (one quarter & eight pennies) and at JR’s Car Wash where I found 30 cents (one quarter & five pennies). Later in the day I stopped at a no-name car wash and found an additional 14 cents (one dime & four pennies).


Year End Report (2006)

This year I found $245.11. Broken down that’s:

3,841 pennies
204 nickels
405 dimes
304 quarters
$80 in paper money / dollar coins

Change was found in 12 states (Texas, Maryland, Mississippi, Louisiana, Alabama, Florida, New York, New Jersey, Hawaii, Virginia, Delaware, and Massachusetts) and six foreign countries (Czech Republic, Austria, Great Britain, Italy, Ireland, and Hungary).

Checking my daily totals for the year the most common find was one cent (17 times) followed by 17 cents (12 times). I also had double digit finds of two, 14, and 18 cents (10 times each). Change was found in 80 of 99 possible increments between one cent and 99 cents.

Of course there were some days when I found more than $1 (that happened 40 times). Between $2.00-2.99 was found on four different days, between $3.00-3.99 was found on two different days, between $4.00-4.99 was found one day, between $5.00-5.99 was found one day, and over $66 was found one day.

As for the change I had my highest penny find (48 of them) on June 4th. The high for nickels was six (April 30th), dimes was 13 (January 29th), and quarters was nine (May 8th).

In terms of one-day finds my lowest was one-cent (multiple times) and the largest was $66.48 (thanks in part to three $20 bills being found).

The oldest coin that was found was a 1901 Morgan Silver Dollar, the newest coin was a 2006 penny (which I found multiple examples of).

Finally, on the baseball autograph front I am happy to report that for the 2006 baseball season I obtained 525 autographs on baseballs. Broken down that’s 79 balls with one signature each and a total of 19 team balls with a total of 446 autographs. The most generous team was the Philadelphia Phillies (34 signatures), the worst team was the San Francisco Giants (12 signatures).

Totals for the day: 77 cents
Race Totals: $472.43

3 Comments:

At 10:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quite a stellar year! Way to go!

 
At 10:26 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats, too, on your fine year. That penny total is amazing on its own. Excellent overall breakdown.

And you've got to give credit to those Phillies. That's another sweet total.

password: ylcjre

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Becca:

Thanks a lot.

Brian:

Yeah, I was shocked when I saw that number of pennies. I give credit where credit is due. . . the Phillies are good signers as a whole.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home