Thursday, May 17, 2007

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Today I found 26 cents . . . . 2 dimes & 6 pennies.

On my way to the baseball game this evening I stopped at Mo’s Food Mart to purchase a drink. While paying I spotted and retrieved a penny that was stuck in a candy display at the front counter. At the Astros game I found 10 cents (a dime) on the ground as I was walking to the left field corner to try for an autograph. I’m glad I stopped for the dime because the player didn’t sign. On the way home this evening I stopped at the Kwick Kar Wash and found 15 cents (one dime & five pennies) scattered about by the front vacuum cleaners.

Two items of interest this evening that I will now pass along (both with pictures). First, the other day I received a letter that had a three-cent and a one-cent stamp on it. I thought that this was odd because I had never seen either stamps before, and with good reason. When I looked them up the one-cent stamp was made in 1939 and the three-cent stamp was printed in 1946. Both stamps are pictured below:


In what was probably the highpoint of my day I got this baseball signed:


The signature is from Evander Holyfield, who I spotted at the Astros game this evening. One doesn’t expect to see boxers at a baseball game so I was hesitant about asking him to sign. However, when I got closer I saw that it was clearly him and he seemed happy to oblige my autograph request.

Totals for the day: 26 cents
Race Totals: $538.30

2 Comments:

At 1:20 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Good snag on the 'graph and the stamps.

I hear you on privatizing not necessarily being the solution, but something has to be done.

 
At 12:01 AM, Blogger Chris said...

Thanks Brian. Clearly it is too late to be posting, as you neglected to note a password. Still, thanks for the kind words.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home