Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Today I found 16 cents . . . . 1 dime & 6 pennies. I also found a X-Mark IDX Token. Sadly, the token will not count toward the daily totals.

At lunch this afternoon I found a penny under my table. Later in the day as I was driving home I was stopped at a red light on FM 1960 and I spotted and retrieved a penny from the roadway. In the evening I was at the post office and after mailing some items I stopped at the car wash next to the post office and found 14 cents (one dime & four pennies).

It was at the car wash next to the post office that I found the X-Mark IDX Token. I have no idea what that is, but it hardly matters. The token has already been placed in my "Not Change Cup,” keeper of such items.

Speaking of the post office I uncovered a problem that I will be bringing to their attention in the near future. The automated stamp machine, which only accepts credit cards, has a minimum $1 order price. This posed a problem, as I wanted to mail something that was going to cost 87 cents. As I recall all credit card companies have user agreements with merchants that state there can be no minimum charge. This benefits credit card companies, as they don’t want a merchant to refuse their card. Nevertheless, the postal machine clearly had a minimum charge. I’ll bring this to the attention of the post office as soon as I have a bit of free time and I’m sure they will be gracious for my assistance. I’ll keep everyone posted.

Totals for the day: 16 cents
Race Totals: $534.50

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home