Sunday, April 29, 2007

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Today I found 60 cents . . .. 2 nickels, 1 dime, 1 quarter, and 15 pennies (The Great Change Cycle). I also found a Depeche Mode cassette tape. Sadly, the tape will not count toward the daily totals.

On the way to the post office I stopped at the always-reliable Al Gator’s Car Wash. There I found 55 cents (one nickel, 1 dime, 1 quarter, and 15 pennies) scattered about. At the post office I found a nickel in the coin return slot of a stamp machine.

It was at Al Gator’s Car Wash that I found the Depeche Mode cassette tape. It was the Music For The Masses album. It has been quite awhile since I have seen a cassette tape and I don’t think I have anything to play it in, but I decided to keep it nonetheless. The tape has already been placed in the “Not Change Cup,” keeper of such items.

It was kind of a bummer day at the ballpark this afternoon. Not because the Astros lost the game (dropping the last nine out of ten), and not because the give-away for the day was for kids only. The real bummer was hearing that Josh Hancock, pitcher for the St. Louis Cardinals, died early this morning in a car crash. I can’t say that I ever got to know Josh, other than the times that he signed my team ball, but he seemed like a really nice guy.

A few weeks ago when the Cardinals were in town I walked out of the ballpark with Scott Spezzio in order to get him to sign an autograph. The ball I had was blank and as we walked I explained to him that it was going to be a team ball. Scott signed appropriately, and out of nowhere appeared Josh Hancock, who had been following us unnoticed. Josh reached over and took the ball and said that since it was team ball he wanted to sign it as well. Not many players, without being asked, are willing to do that, especially since hadn’t even noticed him. I leave you this evening with a picture of the signature:


Totals for the day: 60 cents
Race Totals: $530.02

2 Comments:

At 12:08 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Nice post...

I know this password will be wrong (it's tough to read): qdkikr

 
At 11:04 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Thank you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home