Friday, April 20, 2007

Friday, April 20, 2007

Today I found 15 cents . . .. 1 dime & 5 pennies.

Thanks to a friend of a friend I got a behind the scenes tour of the Honolulu Zoo this morning. The tour was great and I got to hand feed giraffes, a hippo, a tiger, multiple chimps, three zebras, two elephants, and a few other animals that I’m sure I’m forgetting to mention. The zoo was also responsible for adding 13 cents (one dime & three pennies) to my daily totals. Outside the zoo I found a penny in the dirt and by the giraffe cage I found another penny. In the parking lot outside the zoo I found a dime and a penny by the base of parking meters.

Walking back to my friend’s place I found a penny in the dirt by an amphitheater and later in the evening I found a penny on the ground at Borders Books, where I purchased a book by Tom Robbins. Robins quickly became one of my favorite authors (although I must admit that my judgement might have been swayed because the book was partially based in Hawaii, where I was, and the two heroes were redheads, a hair color I have always been partial to).

Totals for the day: 15 cents
Race Totals: $525.53

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home