Thursday, April 12, 2007

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Today I found $1.02 . . .. 1 $1 bill & 2 pennies.

I had to be in the office this morning but it paid off, so to speak. On the way out to lunch I spotted a dollar bill on the edge of the parking lot. I was with my co-worker Jennifer, who only noticed the dollar bill once I pointed to it. Despite Jennifer’s undignified efforts to push me out of the way and claim said dollar I was victorious.

In the evening I attended a lecture at the Wortham Theater in downtown Houston (the speaker was Joe Klein, who wrote one of my favorite novels of all time, Primary Colors). For those keeping score in the past week I have attended several Houston Astros baseball games, a tennis match, a speech at the George Bush Library, and a lecture downtown. Quite the week. Anyhow, on the way home I stopped at McDonalds for a snack and found two-cents outside the restaurant.

Totals for the day: $1.02
Race Totals: $522.82

5 Comments:

At 10:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Two one dollar bills in the same week - that is pretty solid! Perhaps next week will be the week of 5 dollar bills:) You can only hope!

 
At 6:42 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Anonymous wrote Primary Colors!

password: ayjuhfhj (I think)

 
At 9:02 AM, Blogger Chris said...

Becca:

I can indeed hope.

Brian:

You are correct taht "Anonymous" was the author of Primary Colors. However, today we actually know who that anonymous was, and it was JK. Great book and good speach last night.

 
At 7:45 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

For the record, I knew it was JK. Not sure if the "tongue in cheek" translated over the Internet comment forum.

password: rennsu

 
At 11:25 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Brian:

I figured you were showing off your mad skills, but I figured I would clarify for others who might not be as familiar with the novel.

Rubber game of the series tomorrow. Our pitcher throwing stinks, but I still have to bet on my hometown nine.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home