Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Today I found 37 cents . . .. 1 nickel & 32 pennies. I also found a French Franc and a Mr. Gatti’s token. Sadly, the Franc and token will not count toward the daily totals.

At a no-name car wash in Tomball this morning I found nine cents (one nickel & four pennies). On the way home from another embarrassing Astros game I stopped at the Kwick Kar Wash and was rewarded by the Penny Gods when I found 28 cents (all pennies). Two of the pennies were in the front of the car wash and the remaining 26 pennies were scattered about the ground in the back by several banks of vacuum cleaners.

It was at the no-name car wash in Tomball that I found the French Franc and the Mr. Gotti’s Family Amusement Center token. Both were jammed in separate coin return slots at car wash stations. Both vaguely resemble quarters so I assume some person or persons tried to pass them off as such in an attempt to get a reduced price car wash. Although neither the Franc nor the token will count toward the daily totals they have already been deposited into the “Not Change Cup,” keeper of such items.

Totals for the day: 37 cents
Race Totals: $517.40

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home