Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Today I found $1.08 . . .. 2 dimes, 3 quarters, and 13 pennies.

I had to teach a seminar this morning and wanted to get off to a good start so I stopped by Kroger, a local grocery store, to pick up a bag of candy that was then divided up and offered as rewards for participation. Walking in I spotted a quarter in the coin return slot of a soda machine and inside I found a penny in the coin return slot of a coin counting machine.

Later in the day I stopped at a tollbooth and retrieved 36 cents (one dime, one quarter, and one penny) from beside the basket. As a follow up to a post several months ago when one astute reader thought that this was stealing from the state I did eventually follow up on this. The Toll Road Authority informed me that while they would not advise me exiting my car to retrieve money (for safety reasons) the money dropped on the ground, while routinely collected by the state, is not state property. Thus, at the end of the day it is lost change and is there for the taking.

Closer to home I stopped at two familiar car washes, The Kwick Kar Wash and JR’s Car Wash, the car wash next to my apartment complex. At the former I found 39 cents (one dime, one quarter, and four pennies) and at the latter I found six cents (all pennies).

Totals for the day: $1.08
Race Totals: $513.40

2 Comments:

At 10:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to know you got the "ownership of sropped change at tollbooths" issue cleared up. That was bugging me.

LP

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger Chris said...

LP:

Glad I could put your mind to rest.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home