Monday, March 19, 2007

Monday, March 19, 2007

Today I found 23 cents . . .. 2 dimes & 3 pennies.

At a car wash in Pearland, TX this afternoon I found three cents (all pennies) by some vacuum cleaners. On the way home I took the toll road and at a stop I found 20 cents (two dimes) on the ground. Also, on the way home I stopped to pick up this:


It is the eight dollars (plus one that I purchased) that I sent to the living former Secretaries of the Treasury. Each secretary graciously signed the dollar that bore their facsimile signature and then mailed it back to me. I took the dollars in to get framed on Saturday and by today they were ready. I’m pleased with the way that they turned out but I must admit that I’m a bit sad since this project, which was a lot of fun, is now finished. Surely something new will strike my fancy in the next several days.

Totals for the day: 23 cents
Race Totals: $509.51

5 Comments:

At 9:26 PM, Blogger Becca said...

That is fabulous! Quality framing job for sure!

 
At 7:52 PM, Blogger nhcardhunter said...

The only thing I might have added to it is was a picture of each sceretary who signed for you. That way those who view could put a name with a face.

When the sox won the world series in 2004 I bought several game 7 alcs tickets as well as game 4 world series tickets (all used of course). Then I purchased copies of the new york post, daily news, and the boston globe and herald. I had them all professionally framed sparing no expense. Having the tickets was great but having the papers framed with them was the cherry on top. Getting to see the greatest collapse of all-time by the yankess on my wall every day is priceless

Best,

Jim

 
At 7:39 AM, Blogger Bailey said...

Very nice frame!

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Becca/Bailey:

Thank you very much.

Jim:

I thought about framing it with pictures, or at the very least names of the Secretaries. However, I decided to go with the simple method so the dollar bills would stand out and nothing would take attention away from them. That said, I like what you did with the World Series tickets, and not just because making the Yankees look bad is always a good thing.

 
At 8:20 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Good job on the frame-up.

password: irnppo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home