Sunday, March 18, 2007

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Today I found $1.06 . . .. 4 quarters & 6 pennies. I also found a British Five Pence coin. Sadly, the British change will not count toward the daily totals.

At JR’s Car Wash, the car wash next to my apartment complex, I found 79 cents (three quarters & four pennies). The pennies were scattered about on the ground and two of the quarters were by the entrance to the car wash on the ground. The third quarter was sitting in the coin return slot of a recently vacated car wash station.

On the way home I stopped at my bank ATM and found a penny in the parking lot. It was very close to the spot where I found a penny yesterday so I’m not sure if I missed it or if it was a new penny. Either way, it has a home now.

The final stop was Kroger, a local grocery store, where I purchased raisins and cheese. I found quarter in the hopper of a change counting machine, the penny in the return slot, and the British Five Pence coin under the machine. Although the British coin will not count toward the daily total’s it has already been deposited into my recently partially emptied "Not Change Cup," keeper of interesting non-US change finds that I occasionally make.

Totals for the day: $1.06
Race Totals: $509.28

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home