Sunday, April 01, 2007

Sunday, April 1, 2007

Today I found 36 cents . . .. 2 dimes, 1 nickel, and 11 pennies.

Becca and I went to The Woodlands House, a local Chinese restaurant, for lunch and I found 22 cents (one nickel, one dime, and seven pennies) in the dirt by the front door. Later in the day I found one penny under a change counting machine at Kroger, a local grocery store. The final find of the day, 13 cents (one dime & three pennies) was found in the drive-thru lane at Brewster’s, an ice cream store next to the post office.

Yesterday I posted a photo of a baseball that former President George Bush signed for me. My change race friend Bailey noted in the comments that it appeared to be a bit sloppier than the usual George Bush autograph, and he was correct. Anyone interested in autographs might get a kick out of the way that the president’s autograph has changed ever so slightly over the years.

This was an autograph that President Bush signed for me several years into his term. It was signed on a photo, which is certainly easier to write on than a baseball. Note that he signs his first name "Gy" instead of George (he has always done that) and that every letter in the last name is clearly written:


This next autograph is one that was obtained in person on a baseball during the 2004 baseball season. Note that the first name is again "Gy" but the "y" is not as neat as it had been. Also, the "s" in Bush is kind of faded into the name and is starting to disappear:


The third sample is from a book that he signed for me during the 2005 baseball season. The "Gy" is getting a bit sloppier and the last name now reads "Bh," as the us in Bush have been cut out:


Finally, this is the autograph that I obtained yesterday. The first name is now just a G and the last name is just B with a sloppy "h" on the end:


Obviously, anytime I get an autograph I’m not going to complain. However, it is kind of neat to see how a person’s autograph will change over the years.

Totals for the day: 36 cents
Race Totals: $516.47

4 Comments:

At 7:14 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I can't keep my "autograph" straight two times in a row. I don't understand how it's even possible to have a signature signature.

password: pbgxuugu

 
At 9:58 PM, Blogger Bailey said...

Very good research on the Bush graphs!

You should show a history off all your Ken Grumpy Jr. autographs.....oh wait.

 
At 11:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that might be the first autograph history that I have ever read - quite enjoyable and informative!

 
At 9:37 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Brian:

I'm with you. My signature is fairly constant, but if I had to sign it 100 times a day it would probably change quite a bit.

Bailey:

Um, er . . . I'll do that profile right after the series that I run on Barry Bones.

Becca:

That's why I'm here, to educate the kids and expose everyone to new things.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home