Monday, April 02, 2007

Monday, April 2, 2007

Today I found 56 cents . . .. 2 dimes, 1 quarter, and 11 pennies.

After an appointment in Pearland, TX this afternoon I stopped at a no-name car wash and found 29 cents (one quarter & four pennies) on the ground by a bank of vacuum cleaners. At a nearby Sonic, where I stopped to use the restroom, I found 12 cents (one dime & two pennies). The dime and a penny were on the patio and the other penny was on the sidewalk. In the evening I found a penny at the base of a parking meter in downtown Houston by Minute Maid Park and on the way home I stopped at the Kwick Kar Wash and found 14 cents (one dime & four pennies) scattered about on the ground.

Opening Day in baseball is perhaps my favorite day of the year. Christmas is good, but from an excitement standpoint I would have to say that Opening Day is better. Although the Astros lost and our closer continues his troubles I had a great day. It was helped by the fact that I got 17 of 25 Pittsburgh Pirates to sign my team ball and added three Astros to my nearly completed Astros team ball. I also obtained my first single signed ball of the season, country music star Clay Walker who sang the National Anthem.

Totals for the day: 56 cents
Race Totals: $517.03

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home