Sunday, May 06, 2007

Sunday, May 6, 2007

Today I found $2.49 . . .. 7 nickels, 7 dimes, 4 quarters, and 44 pennies (The Sticky Change Cycle). I also found 13 LazerRage tokens and a 5-cent Euro. Sadly, the tokens and the Euro will not count toward the daily totals.

All the change, save a lone nickel, was found at the always-reliable Al Gator’s Car Wash. The vast majority of it was in a VERY sticky pile on the ground by a vacuum cleaner. How sticky was the pile, you ask? It looks like a bunch of Jolly Ranchers melted in a change cup and someone threw it on the ground. It is so sticky that much of the change will have to soak overnight before it is placed in my change container.

The lone nickel was found at the post office in the coin return slot of a stamp machine. I was at the post office to mail a few eBay items. As eBay was good to me this week I didn’t mind the drive in the least.

It was at Al Gator’s that I found the 13 LazerRage tokens and the five-cent Euro. Sadly, all were in the sticky pile. Even sadder, the tokens and foreign change will not count toward the daily totals. Nevertheless, tokens and Euro will soon be placed in the “Not Change Cup,” keeper of such items (at least keeper of such items once they are cleaned).

Totals for the day: $2.49
Race Totals: $534.15

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home