Sunday, June 24, 2007

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Today I found 30 cents . . . 1 quarter & 5 pennies.

The five pennies were found early this morning as I returned from a bachelor party. They were at Chevron, a local gas station. Two of the pennies were in the drawer where the clerk slides the purchased item once it is paid for. The other three pennies were found on the ground directly to the left of the sliding drawer.

The quarter was found in the drive-thru lane of Whataburger, a Texas based fast food restaurant. I stopped there on the way home in order to get some food.

This evening I turned on ESPN and saw that former relief pitcher/ closer Rod Beck had passed away. Beck played for the Chicago Cubs, San Francisco Giants, Boston Red Sox, and San Diego Padres. I don’t have any personal stories about Beck, but he always appeared to be a fun loving guy who enjoyed playing baseball. I leave you tonight with a picture of an autograph that he signed for me on my 2003 San Diego Padres team ball (interestingly enough he always signed the very top of the ball in every team ball that he signed for me):


Totals for the day: 30 cents
Race Totals: $571.64

2 Comments:

At 10:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was sad to hear the news. Rod Beck is my favorite Giants closer. I had so many memories of sitting in my seat at freezing cold Candlestick Park and watching Rod Beck come in from the bullpen to save a game. 1993 was my favorite Beck season and I still can't believe how that one ended for the Giants (second best record in baseball and no playoff berth). He will definitely be missed!

 
At 11:16 PM, Blogger Chris said...

To me he always had the feel of being a blue collar ballplayer. And that season he had with 40 plus saves was amazing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home