Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Today I found 16 cents . . . 1 dime & 6 pennies.

All the change was found at Randalls, a local grocery store. One penny was sitting in front of a change counting machine when I spotted and retrieved it. The remaining change was to the side of the change counting machine. I tried to squeeze my hand in with little success before I moved the entire machine to the side to retrieve the rest of the change.

Today marks an interesting anniversary of sorts in the baseball world. It was on this date in 1972 that Curt Flood’s challenge to the Reserve Clause was decided by the Supreme Court. The Reserve Clause is what prevented players from becoming free agents. What many people forget is that Flood actually lost the case, but the decision caused Congress to address the antitrust status of Major League Baseball. Ultimately, for better or worse, players were granted the right to free agency.

Totals for the day: 16 cents
Race Totals: $570.73

2 Comments:

At 7:29 AM, Blogger kestrelia said...

That's great that you moved the entire machine! One of my buddies will help me by lifting newspaper machines up. There's quite a few coins under them.

 
At 2:10 AM, Blogger Chris said...

Nice idea on the newspaper boxes. I'll have to start checking them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home