Friday, June 15, 2007

Friday, June 15, 2007

Today I found 8 cents . . . all pennies.

The first two cents of the day was found by a cash register at Chevron, a local gas station. In the evening I found a penny on the floor of the Home Plate Bar and Grill, a dining establishment by Minute Maid Ballpark. The remaining five cents (all pennies) were found at JR’s Car Wash, the car wash next to my apartment complex.

This evening I got to witness one of the most exciting plays in all of baseball, the inside the park homerun. In the mid to late innings of the game a Seattle player blasted a shot to deep center (center field measures 436 feet dead away) and the ball was over the head of the centerfielder. He kept going and was safe by a good amount. It was only the second time I have seen this happen, and it was none the less exciting this time.

Totals for the day: 8 cents
Race Totals: $570.13

2 Comments:

At 10:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Chris

I just wanted to stop by and say that i think what you're doing is great. You and the other found money bloggers have inspired me to start. The first of my change hunting adventures begins tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Best Regards

J

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger Chris said...

J:

I have been called many things in the past, but inspirational might be a first. Thank you for the kind words and best of luck with your adventure. Hope you keep me posted!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home