Thursday, June 07, 2007

Thursday, June 7, 2007

Today I found 28 cents . . . 1 quarter & 3 pennies.

It was thanks to the T that I found all my change today. This morning I was on my way to attend the graduation ceremonies at Harvard University and I found a penny in the T by a payphone and a quarter on the ground by a Dunkin Donut stand. In the afternoon I returned through the same station and found a penny by the Charlie Card Machine and another penny on the ground outside the station by the sidewalk.

I attempted to make this a good autograph day and met with limited success. Bill Gates delivered the Key Note speech to graduates and I tried to get him before the ceremony. I was able to get up to Mr. Gates but he was not willing sign anything. The same goes for Mr. Bill Russell, who received an honorary degree. I asked Mr. Russell to sign and he told me that he never signed autographs in public. I told him I was sorry for asking and he responded, "No, not at all. Thank you for asking." He then shook my hand and walked away.

My lone success was outgoing Harvard University President Derek Bok, who signed a baseball for me after the ceremonies. He told me that it was the first baseball he had ever signed. Perhaps when I get home I'll post a picture of said baseball.

Totals for the day: 28 cents
Race Totals: $567.31

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home