Sunday, July 01, 2007

Sunday, July 1, 2007

Today I found 3 cents . . . all pennies.

This morning I found two pennies behind a change counting machine at Kroger, a local grocery store. At first I tried to reach in and grab the change, but it was too far back. Luckily, I was able to squeeze between the machine and a lottery machine that was to the side and retrieve the pennies. On the way home from the Astros game this afternoon I spotted and retrieved a penny while stopped at a red light.

Tomorrow the Philadelphia Phillies visit Minute Maid Park. The Astros are a terrible team this year, but historically they have done well against the Phillies. I’m certainly no homer, but I’ll make the safe prediction and say that the Astros sweep the Phillies, but miss shutting them out for three games in a row.

Totals for the day: 3 cents
Race Totals: $573.53

2 Comments:

At 7:59 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

No way do the Astros sweep. If anything, I expect the reverse. The Phillies have lately been doing better against these teams that they're historically poor against, a la the Astros. But, of course, with these Phillies, anything is possible.

password: njedy

 
At 10:50 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Anything indeed, but the Astros win game one.

I did share some great banter with Shane Victorino before the game re. his odd base running and he seemed to enjoy the good natured ribbing. I base that on the fact that he laughed about it, talked some trash back, and then came over to sign my ball.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home