Thursday, November 15, 2007

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Today I found 9 cents . . . all pennies.

All change was found at a Sonic in Huntsville, TX. I stopped there for a very late lunch this afternoon after a solid day of work. All pennies were found in the parking lot and patio area.

Although it hasn’t been much of a topic of discussion as of late I continue to search for pennies and nickels to complete my coin books. To recap I get boxes of pennies from my local bank, search for ones that I need, and return the remainder. This evening as I searched I pulled out a coin that I had never seen before. It looks somewhat Arabic, but I really don’t know. This is a picture of one side of the coin:


And this is the picture of the other:


If anyone has any insight as to what kind of coin this is it would be greatly appreciated.

Totals for the day: 9 cents
Race Totals: $626.96

2 Comments:

At 8:10 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm pretty sure that it's a coin from Oman (located near Yemen, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates).

Who knew being a linguistics major would ever come in handy again?

--the smart sibling.

 
At 11:40 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Too bad I already actually figured that out, but thanks for the effort.

Your "Brother"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home