Saturday, January 05, 2008

Saturday, January 5, 2008

Today I found 5 cents. . . all pennies. I also found 4 foreign coins, which sadly will not count toward the daily totals. Change was found in two countries (Ireland and the United States), on two continents (Europe and North America), and in two states (New Jeresey and Texas).

This morning I found a 20 cent pound and a two-cent Euro at the airport in Shannon, Ireland. Back in the US I found another three cents Euro (one two-cent coin and one one-cent coin) in the Newark airport by baggage claim.

The five US pennies were found in New Jersey (four cents at the airport) and in Texas (one penny at the airport).

_________________________

Summary of European Vacation:

During my trip I found a total of 42 foreign coins. Change finds were recorded in Ireland, Germany, Turkey, and Spain. There were 32 Euro coins that totaled 1.14 Euro, seven Turkish coins that totaled 70 cents Lira, two British coins that totaled 21 cents Sterling, and one Polish coin that totaled 2 cents Zlotych.

Doing a rough conversion those 42 coins total $2.70 US.

While on the trip I recorded my first finds in several foreign countries (Spain, Germany, and Turkey) as well as my first find in Asia (Istanbul). A total of two US cents (both pennies) were also found in Spain.

Totals for the day: 5 cents (and four foreign coins)
Race Totals: $636.01

4 Comments:

At 8:43 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Chris... happy new year and welcome back to the states. Barcelona's nice, no? We're going this summer.

Did I miss a post on how your streak remains alive? I'm just curious...

What did you think of the Clemens interview?

 
At 11:20 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Brian:

The streak remaining alive was just due to the fact that I was finding coins, even though they were not US coins. I figure that to keep any streak alive I have to find some coins, even if I'm in a foreign country. I managed to do that on the trip, so that is what I was referring to.

Barcelona was great! It was actually my favorite of all the cities. I'm going to post a picture a day in the next day or so, so if you want a preview of Barcelona check back sometime tomorrow and I'll have a few pictures up.

I was torn on the Clemens interview. I don't like him but I actually thought he was fairly convincing on 60 minutes. He should have come out a long time ago and addressed it and I'm not sure if I believe him, but he did a decent job in my opinion.

No password?

 
At 6:45 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Ah, good call on the streak. Wasn't sure the standard.

We went to Barcelona in 2002 and it was sweet. Good food and good sights. Of course I'll be waiting for the refresher.

Forgot the password, but here's this one: nitimrm (I think)

Second password: jjafer

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger Chris said...

Just a few of the Barcelona pictures are up. If you want my link to the snapfish account where I posted the rest of the pictures let me know.

All is right in the world again now that the password is showing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home