Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Today I found 2 cents . . . both pennies.

I had to head to Boston today for nine days of work. At the airport in Houston I found a penny by the TSA checkpoint (I had to wait to retrieve it, because in one of the oddest things I ever saw at an airport a lady was picking up her suitcase and somehow managed to get her wedding ring stuck in the zipper of the suitcase). Sufficed to say everyone from TSA went to help her and it blocked my access to the penny. However, it all worked out in the end . . . I got the penny.

The second and final penny of the day was found in Logan Airport in Boston. The penny was on the ground by a Chinese fast food stand.

Totals for the day: 2 cents
Race Totals: $636.06

2 Comments:

At 2:56 PM, Blogger kestrelia said...

It the TSA check points are great places to find coins. I found a UK pound there once. Seems like no one is paying attention to their coins when they are going through security ... strange, not too many crazy coin hunters. ;)

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Brian:

Sorry for the delay in posting a reply. I kind of understand the lost coins at the checkpoints. People who get to the airport are rushed and are trying to make their flights. They have to empty their pockets and then need to get everything together and head to their gate. Considering all that it's not that suprising that a bunch of coins get left behind. Bad for them, but great for us!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home