Sunday, February 17, 2008

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Today I found 53 cents . . . 2 nickels, 1 dime, 1 quarter, and 8 pennies (The First Boston Change Cycle). I also found two foreign coins, which sadly will not count toward the daily totals.

A huge day of finds to report today . . . the day started with some grocery shopping at Stop & Shop, a local grocery store. There I found a penny at the base of a lotto machine. I then headed off on a day of adventure, but had to swing through the North Station T stop. At North Station I found 11 cents (one dime & one penny). The penny was by a McDonalds stand and the dime was by a Dunkin Donuts stand.

Since my beloved Orange Line was shut down today (at least on the parts that mattered to me) I had to catch the Green Line to Park Street and make a connection. The only good thing about this was that I got on the Green Line T and promptly found 10 cents (one nickel & five pennies) as I got onto the otherwise empty car.

In the evening Becca and I headed to the Kendall Square area of Cambridge. Cutting through a Marriott hotel I found a penny under a bench and later in the evening I found a nickel at the Kendall Square T stop.

The final find of the day was a 1976 bicentennial quarter, which I picked out of a gutter on my walk home.

The two foreign coins, a two-cent Euro and a five-cent Euro, were found in the reject slot of a coin counting machine at Super 88, a local grocery store. Although the foreign coins will not count toward the daily totals they have already been deposited into my “Not Change Cup,” keeper of such found items.

Totals for the day: 53 cents
Race Totals: $640.97

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home