Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Today I found 6 cents . . . all pennies.

Alas, I did not get to frequent the majority of the change spots that I wanted to visit today, my last full day in Houston before I head back to Boston tomorrow. I was swamped with work and just didn’t have the time. However, at lunch I found a penny at the base of a gumball machine at one of my favorite Mexican restaurants. Co-worker Jennifer, who many long time readers will remember, responded with her usual enthusiasm for my find.

In the evening I headed to the Kwick Kar Wash for some 11th hour change searching. Prior to the clock hitting 12 I managed to pick up five pennies that were scattered about on the ground.

Totals for the day: 6 cents
Race Totals: $664.64

2 Comments:

At 12:26 AM, Blogger Thom said...

I'm always interested in suggestions for good Mexican restaurants here in Houston, care to share? :)

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger Chris said...

Dean M:

I actually can't remember the name of the place. It's a very small restaurant located in a strip center that contains a gas station and a car wash. It's right off Beltway 8 and if you were to go there from I45 you would head towards the airport, turn around once you pass the Wells Fargo Bank, head to the opposite side of the street, and go down about a mile or so. I'll see if I can hunt down the name and leave it on your blog. It's very authentic and a great place, so it's well worth the effort!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home