Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Today I found $9.94 . . .. 7 nickels, 18 dimes, 23 quarters, 1 $1 coin, and 104 pennies (The Super Duper Change Cycle). Change was found in two states, Massachusetts and Maine. I also found a Canadian penny and a Maine Lottery scratch coin, neither of which will count towards the daily totals.

Today I had to head up to Maine for a few days of meetings. In the morning before I left took a few packages to the post office and on the way back I found six cents (all pennies) in a gutter along Tremont St.

After my meetings in Maine (I was spending the night as I had meetings the next day) I decided to go and get an oil change for my car and hit a local car wash to get my car cleaned. At the car wash I first found eight cents (all pennies) scattered about on the ground.

However, the massive find of the day, $9.66 (six nickels, 18 dimes, 23 quarters, one $1 coin, and 81 pennies) was also made at the aforementioned car wash. All the change was sitting in a plastic bag that was on the ledge in a car wash station. I actually waited around about 15 minutes as I dried and vacuumed my car to see if someone would come back looking for the change, but no one ever did, so I happily added it to my collection.

In the evening I headed out for some dinner and found nine cents along the way. Two of the pennies were on a sidewalk, one at the door of Friendly’s (a local restaurant), three at a grocery store, and three more cents were found on the way back. The evening was concluded when I found a nickel in the parking lot of my hotel.

The Canadian penny and the State of Maine lottery scratch coin were both found at the car wash where I recorded my big finds. Sadly neither will count toward the daily totals, but both have already been deposited into my “Not Change Cup,” keeper of such found items.

Totals for the day: $9.94
Race Totals: $679.74

4 Comments:

At 9:33 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Sweet finds.

password: qutoezo

 
At 5:50 AM, Blogger kestrelia said...

That's awesome. A whole bag of coins ... that's one of the better natural finds I've heard about.

Makes a stack of five quarters I found recently at the car wash look pathetic!

What's a Maine lottery coin look like?

Brian

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger Bailey said...

Very nice! Gotta love the bag o coins!
I wouldn't believe it if you posted it on April 1st.

 
At 10:16 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Brian:

Thanks!

Brian:

It was probably my largest natural find to date. Sorry to upstage your five quarters. I'll try to get a picture of the Maine lottery coin up tomorrow. It was neat.

Bailey:

And I wouldn't have blamed you. . . but it wasn't April 1st and it was a real find!

Chris

 

Post a Comment

<< Home