Saturday, October 25, 2008

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Today I found 7 cents. . all pennies.

One of the things that I had been meaning to do for the past week or so was to go recycle some beer bottles that I had found around town. This morning I headed over to Liquor Land to deposit my bottles (I netted $1.70) and in addition to that I found a penny by the cash register.

After my recycling trip I headed over to the North Station area to catch a T toward Harvard. Outside the Federal Building I found a penny on the sidewalk. Once I got into Cambridge I found yet another penny on a bench outside the Harvard T stop.

I was in Harvard to meet up with a friend, who happens to be the boyfriend of fellow blogger Brookie. Following lunch I headed back to the Boston side of the river, swinging through Park Street where I found a penny by a T ticket machine.

Over at the Haymarket Market this afternoon I found a penny by a fruit stand. Walking back from Haymarket I stopped in at a 7-11, where I found my final two pennies of the day. The first was on the ground and the second was stuck in a candy display by the front counter.

Totals for the day: 7 cent
Race Totals: $688.71

2 Comments:

At 5:43 AM, Blogger Brooke said...

Did you guys have a nice lunch?? Thank you so much for delivering the gifts to him!!

 
At 7:40 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Yes, we did. He recommended a sandwitch and I got it. It didn't let me down! Sadly, the waitress was not impressed with our banter. . . . but that's another story.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home