Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Today I found 15 cents, pennies all.

On my way to work today I stopped at the Kwick Kar Wash. Why anyone would spell a business that way I don’t kan’t figure. Anyhow, just a few days ago I would try to rationalize reasons to stop and look for change. Now, it is becoming somewhat of a calling. My Kwick Kar Wash efforts were rewarded with 10 pennies, one of which was a 1956 D Wheat Back.

Lunch today at Hooters (I go there for the food) provided no change. I did feel rushed, however, as I was with co-workers who still do not appreciate the greatness of what I am trying to accomplish.

Stopping at Pete’s Place, a recently closed bar, on the way home netted me two more pennies. I was hoping to find a sign on the door telling me if they would ever re-open. I loved that place and the $5 steak night that they had every week. Alas, I fear it is gone.

An evening walk netted me my last three pennies, two at the carwash next door and one at the call box of the apartments next to mine.

Totals for the day: 15 cents.
Race Totals: 79 cents.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home