Friday, December 23, 2005

Friday, December 23, 2005

Today I found $1.01. . . 2 nickels, 2 dimes, 2 quarters, & 21 pennies (the penultimate day before Christmas Change Cycle). I also found change in three states (New Jersey, Delaware, and Maryland).

Still in New Jersey this morning I decided that I had to do some Christmas shopping. My friend Becca generously assisted me in this painful task. Our first stop was the Garden State Mall, where I found 12 cents (two nickels & two pennies). The first nickel was on the ground by the valet parking area, the second by a pretzel stand, and the two pennies were both on the ground (one at a Starbucks and the other in a hallway).

Later in the day, still in New Jersey, I found a penny at a Home Depot and another penny at a Target.

As I drove back home I stopped back in the Trenton area to see another friend. After a quick dinner and some catching up I was on the road again, heading back to Maryland. I had just passed through PA when I remembered that I didn't stop to find any change. However, in Delaware I decided to make a quick change stop and I found seven pennies at a vacuum cleaner at a Shell gas station.

Back in Maryland I found 24 cents (two dimes & four pennies) at another car wash vacuum cleaner, four pennies below a counter at the same gas station and 52 cents (two quarters & two pennies) at a Flying J Gas Station. The two pennies were by the counter and the two quarters were in the change return slot of a machine where you use a claw to retrieve a prize. I was very proud of the two quarter find. I used a trick that Brian taught me just the day before. The two quarters were actually stuck on a lip in the change return slot, so without careful inspection a novice could have missed them. Thanks Brian.

Totals for the day: $1.01
Race Totals: $222.98

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home