Saturday, December 17, 2005

Saturday, December 17, 2005

Today I found $1.06. . . . 4 dimes, 2 quarters, and 16 pennies.

First, I just want to say that the Texans are bad. How bad you ask? So bad that I called up no less than seven friends and left messages that I had extra tickets that I would give them for free if they wanted to go to the game with me on Sunday. The only one that called back was Bailey, and even with the offer of free tickets, me driving, and a free beer he still wasn’t interested. Season tickets have been a bad investment this year. Ah well, things could be worse I suppose. I could live in Philadelphia and be an Eagles fan!

On my way to the grocery store this afternoon to pick up some dinner provisions I stopped at Al Gator’s Car Wash and was fortunate enough to find 47 cents (one dime, one quarter, and 12 pennies). Every single penny was in a pile by a vacuum cleaner. The dirty dime was by a car wash bay, and the quarter was sitting on top of a vacuum cleaner.

At HEB, a local grocery store, I browsed the isles while eating free orange slices that the store had kindly left for patrons to sample. I came upon a coin counting machine and in the coin return slot I found 46 cents (two dimes, one quarter, and one penny). All the coins were in good condition, so I’m not sure why they were rejected. Such is life.

So close to the dollar day I took a walk to the car wash next to my apartment after I had put away my groceries. There I found 13 cents (one dime & three pennies).

Totals for the day: $1.06
Race Totals: $217.53

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home