Thursday, December 08, 2005

Thursday, December 8, 2005

Today I found $1.21. . . . 1 dime, 4 quarters, and 11 pennies.

It was at lunch and a trifecta of car washes that netted me my finds today. While dining at Wings & More with my co-worker Jennifer (lunch special: eight wings, drink, and fries for $6.50) I spotted two pennies at the base of our table. Jennifer, who will be in New York tomorrow, was informed that she would receive a mention in tonight’s blog, which I’m sure she was very excited about.

On the way home I stopped at the Kwick Kar Wash and found three cents. There might have been more, but it was very windy and cold so I didn’t stick around too long. Near my apartment I checked the car wash and found 88 cents (one dime, three quarters, and three pennies). The three quarters were in a car wash station and the remaining change was on the ground.

The final stop of the evening was at the car wash next to the post office. There I found 28 cents (one quarter & three pennies). Again, the temperature was dropping so I decided to call it a night. Tonight will be the first night that it drops below freezing in Houston. I have moved my plants inside but I think one of my outdoor gold fish is dead. Reports on the fish will be forthcoming.

Totals for the day: $1.21
Race Totals: $214.91

2 Comments:

At 7:51 AM, Blogger Bailey said...

RIP
Goldfish

Will it be an open casket and will we get pictures??

verification - qgjchma

 
At 10:58 PM, Blogger Chris said...

He lives!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home