Friday, December 02, 2005

Friday, December 2, 2005

Today I found 39 cents. . . . 1 quarter and 14 pennies.

Sadly, today was a beautiful day in Houston. I say sadly because my boss was out and I was left in charge of our office. This is normally a good thing, but for some reason Friday brought with it lots of work. I didn’t get to leave the office until after 6:30pm, and I was still sitting on zero finds for the day.

On the way home I stopped at Sonic, where I found four cents scattered about the parking lot. At the Kwick Kar Wash, which is strategically located directly next to Sonic, I found 33 cents (one quarter & eight pennies). The quarter was in a car washing bay and the pennies were on the ground, mostly by vacuum cleaners.

Even later in the evening I went to the post office to mail some packages and I retrieved a single penny from the coin return slot of a stamp machine. On my way home I went to Wal-Mart to pick up some Christmas cards. Getting out of my car I spotted a glimmer in the parking lot. Walking closer I saw that the glimmer was indeed a penny, sitting on the ground next to a half eaten pixi stick. The penny came with me, the pixi stick was left behind.

Totals for the day: 39 cents
Race Totals: $211.68

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home