Monday, November 28, 2005

Monday, November 28, 2005

Today I found 35 cents. . . . 1 nickel, 1 quarter, and 5 pennies.

On my way to a morning appointment I had to take the toll road. It was jammed with traffic so I knew that I wouldn’t be able to check for lost change. However, when I threw my change into the machine one of my quarters actually bounced out and landed on the ground. As I wasn’t going to abandon my lost quarter I had to exit the car (with a line of traffic behind me) retrieve it, and place it in the machine. Since I was already out I figured I would take the 30 cents on the ground (one nickel & one quarter). The guy behind me was understanding, or at least he didn’t honk at me.

On my way home I stopped at the Kwick Kar Wash. It was also very busy, but I still retrieved four cents (all pennies). In the evening I went to HEB, a local grocery store, to pick up some lunch meat. On the way out I found a penny under a change counting machine.

Totals for the day: 40 cents
Race Totals: $210.15

2 Comments:

At 10:54 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Maybe the guy was trying to go a month without honking.

Password: bdico

 
At 7:38 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Well, if he was I certainly put him to the test. Personally I would respect someone picking up change, but I'm not sure if that is a reflection of the general population.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home