Saturday, December 03, 2005

Saturday, December 3, 2005

Today I found 32 cents. . . . all pennies. I also found a British pound, two British pennies, one two cent Euro, one five cent Euro, and one 50 cent Euro. Sadly, the foreign coins do not count toward the daily totals.

This morning while walking to my mail box I found a penny in my apartment complex parking lot. In the evening I had to go to the post office near the airport (it’s open 24 hours a day and I had to get something in the mail) and on the way back I stopped at the Kwick Kar Wash. I normally don’t check the Kwick Kar Wash on the weekends because I’m not in the area. I’m glad that I checked. On the ground I found 29 pennies. Oddly, none of them were all in the same general area, so by the end I was getting a bit tired of all the ups and downs.

My final stop on the way home was at Kroger, a local grocery store, where I had to get beer and ice cream. Walking in I saw a red cup sitting atop a change counting machine. Upon closer examination the cup had all the foreign coins in it, as well as two American pennies. The foreign coins have been deposited into my “Not Change Cup,” keeper of various assorted non-United States coin finds that I make during the race. For those wondering, the foreign coins have an approximate value of $2.46 US.

Totals for the day: 32 cents
Race Totals: $212.00

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home