Sunday, December 04, 2005

Sunday, December 4, 2005

Today I found $1.15. . . . 1 nickel, 5 dimes, 2 quarters, and 10 pennies (the peachy change cycle).

Last night I couldn’t sleep, so I went on a late night run to Wal-Mart to purchase some additional Christmas cards. On the way I stopped at a Starbucks drive-thru and found 35 cents (one dime & one quarter). At a nearby KFC I found 15 cents (one nickel & one dime). To my knowledge this is the first time that I have ever been a penny away from the change cycle (which is finding a penny, nickel, dime, and quarter in the same day). My final early morning stop was a drive-thru at Burger King, where I found a lone penny.

This afternoon I stopped for lunch at Sonic and as I walked to the patio to place my order a little boy happily exclaimed that he had just found four cents. His dad didn’t seem impressed, but I was. However, it’s clear that the kid didn’t walk the entire parking lot and really keep his eyes on the ground. If he had he would have been 64 cents richer (three dimes, one quarter, and nine pennies). He was young, so he has plenty of time to perfect his change finding skills.

Totals for the day: $1.15
Race Totals: $213.15

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home