Sunday, May 14, 2006

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Today I found 59 cents . . . 3 nickels, 1 quarter, and 19 pennies.

It was a lazy Sunday and the only real item on my list of things to do was go to the Astros game. It’s a good thing, because that’s basically all I did. On the way back from the game (2,600th career game for Craig Biggio—bid now on the lot of tickets I have already listed on eBay) I stopped at the Kwick Kar Wash and found 53 cents (two nickels, one quarter, and 18 pennies). One of the nickels was minted in 1940 and has a hole in the head of Jefferson.

Closer to home I stopped at JR’s Car Wash and found six cents (one nickel & one penny). There might have been more but it was raining really hard and although the rain did not bother me the nearby lightning strikes did.

The Colorado Rockies provided my best three days of autographs this season. I got 19 of the players on the 25-man roster to sign my ball. The final autograph was Ramon Ramirez. I mention this only because I called to two other players today who I though were Ramon and they were not. Sufficed to say, I got the real Ramon as he came from the bullpen to the dugout after the game.

Totals for the day: 59 cents
Race Totals: $306.83

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home