Sunday, June 04, 2006

Sunday, June 4, 2006

Today I found $1.48 . . . 1 nickel, 7 dimes, 1 quarter, and 48 pennies (the Rocking Change Cycle). One of the pennies was a 1940 Wheat Penny. I also found a penny from Panama, which sadly will not count toward the daily totals.

Early this morning I went on a change run while talking to Bailey on the phone. With Marti out of town he didn’t have much to do so I figured I might as well try to keep pace with him. At a drive-thru window for a donut shop I found two cents. Then the big find was at Al Gator’s Car Wash where I found $1.40 (one nickel, seven dime, one quarter, and 40 pennies).

It was at Al Gator’s where I found the penny from Panama. Although it will not count toward the daily totals it is a welcome edition to my “Not Change Cup,” keeper of such objects.

The Astros managed to lose in spectacular style today. This was upsetting on a multitude of levels. First, it was the last Astros game that Bailey will be attending with me since he is moving to St. Louis. Second, I normally love extra inning games (not the kind where the Astros tie it and then lose, but I still like them). However, as soon as the game ended I was heading to a Nine Inch Nails concert, and extra innings delayed my departure.

The good news was that the Astros didn’t prolong my misery too long and I was off in time to see an excellent concert. Lots of old stuff was played (mostly from Pretty Hate Machine) and some new stuff. Going into the concert I found four cents, including the 1940 Wheat Penny, by the doors where staff all but strip-searched customers. Leaving the concert I found another penny. Good times.

Totals for the day: $1.48
Race Totals: $316.42

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home